Are you normal, a chronic single, or a misanthrope? Find out now.
I) Give yourself one point for each answer that applies
1) As a child, when other kids were out playing, you spent your time:
- Wetting your bed.
- Running away from home.
- Setting fire to road-kill squirrels.
2) Your favorite comedy movies:
- The Exorcist
- Leaving Las Vegas
- A Clockwork Orange
3) Your favorite celebrities:
- Fatty Arbuckle
- Tonya Harding
- Nurse Ratched
4) You favorite quotes:
- "So it goes."
- "Everybody lies."
- "Hell is other people."
- "Stop me before I kill again."
5) If you had a boy, you would name him:
6) Favorite foods:
- Steak tartare
7) Favorite colors:
8) At a friend's dinner party, you typically:
- Open the refrigerator, take one bite of every item, and put it all back.
- Stuff a used tissue in the spinach dip.
- Steal the salt shakers.
- Ask for a doggy bag.
9) Which best describes your social style?
- None of your fucking business.
10) You invite your elderly mother to dinner in a bad part of town. You show up:
- Fifteen minutes late.
- One hour late.
- Five hours late.
II) True or False
Give yourself one point for each True answer.
1) You need time alone, the way you need sleep: At least eight hours a day or you get grumpy.
2) You shun perpetually cheerful people: kids, reformed alcoholics, and anyone who sells real estate.
3) Your closest friend is the one buried under your floorboards.
One to Five points: Introvert.
Six to Ten points: Chronic Single.
Eleven to Fifteen points: Misanthrope.
Sixteen points or more: Verizon customer service rep.
More Entries from the Chronic Single's Handbook
- Are you marriage material? (doubtful)
- Find your match: The five romantic personalities.
- Chronically single? You've got lots of company (video)
Art Attribution: By halfrain (Flickr) [CC-BY-SA-2.0], via Wikimedia Commons
If you enjoyed this blog, sign up to have it delivered to your inbox each week: