Finding your world meaningless and absurd? You've got lots of company. Six great songs about existential angst.
1) Jackson Browne"Doctor My Eyes"
"Doctor, my eyes have seen the years and the slow parade of fears without crying."
**Worth noting: The song as originally written was too depressing so Browne changed some of lyrics.
2) Waifs "Fisherman's Daughter"
"Lay down your burdens papa. Won't you come sit with
me at home
We have got to spend some time together Before we just be bones"
3) The Temptations "Papa Was a Rolling Stone."
"I never got a chance to see him. Never heard nothing but bad things about him."
4) Peter, Paul, and Mary's version of "Where Have All the Flowers Gone"
"Where have all the graveyards gone. Gone to flowers, every one."
5) Judy Collins version of "Both Sides Now"
"But now it's just another show, you leave 'em laughin' when you go."
6) Jimmy Buffet "He Want to Paris"
"Some of it's magic. And some of it's tragic. But I had a good life all the way"
(Buffet wrote a lot of pop crap but also some great folky stuff.)