Tired of being stigmatized because you've realized that most people are jerks? Tips for dealing with insecure couples and others who would stigmatize you for your discriminating taste.
1) Accept that relationships come and go, but mostly go.
2) Enjoy free porn, but invest in good anti-virus software.
3) Accept that moods are cyclical; if you're happy now, wait a few hours.
4) Accept that some people grow up to be professional athletes and some people die of horrible wasting diseases. Similarly, some people get married and some people -- like you -- don't.
5) When someone calls you a commit-a-phobe, counter with the number of friends you've had for more than a decade, the number of years you've had the same car, or the number of years you've had the same career – all numbers that will no doubt exceed the length of most marriages.
More Articles from the Experts at ChronicSingle.com
- Quiz: Are you marriage material?
- Quiz: Are you better off alone?
A great book for single people
Solitude: In Search of Self
Written by a note psychologist, the book explores the lives of many creative people who never married and spent much of their time alone -- and were fine with it. Among the notables: Isaac Newton, Beatrix Potter, Beethoven. Are you a budding, creative genius? You'll never find out letting people you don't like suck up all your time.
Photo credit: Lake image by Richie Diesterheft [CC-BY-2.0], via Wikimedia Commons
If you enjoyed this blog, sign up to have it delivered to your inbox each week: